Pizza Dough: Your favorite store-bought or homemade dough will work.
White Ricotta Cheese Sauce:
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of each shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese
- Caramelized white onions (These can be purchased pre-made from specialty food stores, or made by slowly sautéing sliced white onions with 1 tbsp of olive oil over low heat until they turn light caramel brown).
- Crispy bacon, chopped
- Sliced green olives
- Baby arugula
- Black Pepper Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp. agave
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Make the ricotta cheese sauce by melting the butter with 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil over low heat in a pan on the stovetop. Stir or whisk in the ricotta cheese and Parmesan/Romano cheese until fully incorporated and warmed through, remove from heat and put aside.
- Form your chosen pizza dough into a pizza shape.
- Cover dough with the desired amount of sauce, caramelized onions, sliced green olives, and bacon.
- Bake at 400°F until golden brown, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- While pizza is baking, make the black pepper vinaigrette by whisking together the agave, white wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper. (No whisk? Grab a glass jar or water bottle with a top and shake the ingredients together.)
- When baked through, remove the pizza from the oven and top with some baby arugula tossed in the black pepper vinaigrette before serving.